The Office of Academic Support offers academic and personal enrichment services to UF students. We strive to equip a diverse undergraduate population with the knowledge, skills, and resources to successfully navigate their collegiate experiences. Peer coaches play a key role in our goal to provide an encouraging and welcoming environment for incoming students. Your role will be to help incoming students transition from high school to college, including PROMISE students and students part of the UF Student Support Services(SSS) Trio Program.
Responsibilities and Duties:
If you are interested and qualified for the Peer Coach position, please complete an application. Applications are available each year in March on our website or by request. You must share the Recommender Form Link with your appropriate recommenders. Recommendations can be found on the application.
Please describe or answer the following questions (150 words or less each) and type on a SEPARATE PAGE.
1. Describe leadership experience(s), characteristics and/or skills that better qualify you to be a
Peer Coach for first-year students. How will you use those experiences to help you coach first-year
2. How does the OAS peer coaching experience fit your personal goals?
3. Please describe a personal coaching experience or lack thereof and explain how it has impacted you
and your UF experience.
4. Why are you interested in becoming an OAS Peer Coach?
5. Share your personal transition from high school to college and how that transition will influence
your coaching relationship.
Please note that you must share the recommender form link with the appropriate recommender. Your application will be considered incomplete until the recommender has submitted their recommendation on your behalf.
Your application packet should include: